In commercial kitchens, keeping the vent hood free of built-up grease and oils is an essential step in preventing fires. At Master Fire Prevention, our services include restaurant vent hood cleaning in New York. Our team will provide thorough inspections and cleanings that help to protect your business, staff, and customers. To safeguard your kitchen most effectively, here are 5 tips you can follow:
1. Make Sure You Use the Appropriate Type and Quantity of Hood Filter – Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on the type and number of filters for the vent hood opening, and make sure you properly install them and cover the entire space.
2. Perform Regular Vent Hood Duct Cleaning – In busy kitchens, hood and hood duct cleanings are a daily routine, though some can do with cleaning once every week or two. Make sure you keep up with the cleaning schedule that is appropriate for your business and equipment.
3. Install Duct Access Doors – Some units do not feature duct access doors, which makes them difficult to clean properly; consider adding access doors if you do not currently have them.
4. Install an Exhaust Fan Access Panel – Similar to the duct, the exhaust fan is easier to maintain with the inclusion of an access door or panel.
5. Consider Using an Exhaust Fan Hinge Kit – These make it simpler and safer for you to access and clean your system’s exhaust fan; rather than removing and then replacing the fan roof from the base, which may cause accidental damage, the hinge keeps the pieces assembled during cleaning.
We are available when you’d like to schedule service for your restaurant vent hood. Our team serves customers in Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens, Bronx, and Brooklyn, as well as in Westchester County, Dutchess County, and Putnam County, New York.